Showing posts with label ICC. Show all posts
Showing posts with label ICC. Show all posts

Monday, 6 January 2014

Cheteshwar Pujara ICC Test Ranking

Cheteshwar Pujara take5th position in ICC Test Ranking 

 Pujara rises to 6th in ICC Test rankings

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Pujara-rises-to-6th-in-ICC-Test-rankings/articleshow/28469233.cms?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOISports 

India's batting sensation Cheteshwar Pujara climbed two places to be at fifth spot, while Virat Kohli slipped a position at number 11 in the latest ICC Test rankings issued today.

Saturday, 28 December 2013

Virat Kohli retains 2nd position in ODI

Virat Kohli retains 2nd position in ODI ranking

 

DUBAI: Virat Kohli retained his second position to be the highest-placed Indian batsman, while skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Shikhar Dhawan also maintained their respective sixth and 10th spots in the latest ICC ODI rankings issued, on Saturday.

Monday, 16 December 2013

Shane Shillingford has been banned from bowling at international

Shillingford banned over illegal bowling action

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Shillingford-banned-over-illegal-bowling-action/articleshow/27467042.cms?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOISportsWELLINGTON: West Indies spinner Shane Shillingford has been banned from bowling at international level after tests found his action was illegal, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Monday.


An independent biomechanical analysis showed Shillingford's elbow extended beyond the permitted 15 degrees on his standard off-break delivery and his doosra, the ICC said in a statement.

"He is suspended from bowling in international cricket until such time that he has submitted to a fresh analysis, which concludes that he has remedied his bowling action," it said.

Shillingford's teammate, Marlon Samuels, was subjected to similar tests, which showed his standard off-break was legal but his quicker delivery was not, meaning he can only bowl his slower ball in international matches.

The actions of the West Indies pair were reported during their team's second Test against India in Mumbai last month.

The ICC ordered them to undergo independent testing which was conducted in Australia while the players participated in the West Indies' first two Tests in New Zealand.

Both players have previously been banned from bowling because of illegal actions.

Samuels did not bowl for three years after first being reported in 2008, while Shillingford was banned in 2010 and returned a year later after undergoing remedial work on his action.

The ICC said if Samuels was reported again for a suspect action in the next two years and analysis backed up the concerns, he would face an automatic one-year ban.

There was no immediate reaction from the West Indies. The ICC said both players had the right to appeal.

The West Indies' third and final Test against New Zealand begins in Hamilton on Thursday. They trail the series one-nil.

Monday, 7 October 2013

India series a chance to become no. 1 ODI side - Australia coach

MUMBAI: Their focus on the number one spot up for grabs in the upcoming ODI series against India, Australian captain George Bailey and coach Steve Rixon said the visitors are no longer intimidated by the sub-continental conditions courtesy the exposure they have got through the IPL.

The Aussies will start the tour with a one-off Twenty20 match in Rajkot on October 10 followed by seven ODIs.

"If you look at the tournament, it is not just a tournament but a chance to be number 1 in the world in one of the three formats," said Rixon at the first media conference of the squad after its arrival on Saturday night.

"So, it is very important to the players, the coaching staff and Cricket Australia. At the end of the day, we want to sit back and want to be part of the number one side," he added.

"Yes, we do know a few players that certainly I think one of the great things about the IPL, over the years. We have played at a lot of grounds that we are about to play at. Most of our players have played with and against a lot of Indian players, vice-versa, they have played with a lot of us," said Bailey who is leading the squad in the absence of injured regular ODI captain Michael Clarke.

"We know a lot about strengths and weaknesses and lot about the personalities, so there is absolutely some advantage for both the teams but also some areas to try and exploit," added Bailey who played for Chennai Super Kings, led by India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, in CLT20.

Rixon, a part of the support staff of CSK as its fielding coach, agreed with his captain, adding the squad still had plenty of work to do to get the better of the ICC World Cup and Champions Trophy holder.

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Lalit Modi banned for life by BCCI

CHENNAI: A pariah in Indian cricket for three years now, former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi was on Wednesday slapped with a life ban by the BCCI after its disciplinary committee found him guilty on eight charges of "indiscipline and misconduct".

On a day of high drama, which was marked by legal tug of war between Modi and the BCCI, a special general meeting of the Board took less than half an hour to unanimously impose a life ban on the controversial 49-year-old administrator.

"The BCCI, at its special general meeting on Wednesday considered and discussed the report of the disciplinary committee of the BCCI on the show cause notices issued to Mr. Lalit Kumar Modi, in accordance with Clause 32 (iv) of the Memorandum of Rules and Regulations," the Board said in a statement.

"...Mr. Lalit Modi is guilty of committing acts of serious misconduct and indiscipline, and therefore, in exercise of powers as per Regulation 32 of the Memorandum and Rules and Regulations of the Board, Mr. Lalit Modi be and is hereby expelled from the BCCI.

"He shall forfeit all his rights and privileges as administrator. He shall not in future be entitled to hold any position or office, or be admitted in any committee or any member or associate member of the Board," he added.

Modi, the brain behind the highly successful IPL, made a last-ditch effort to avert the impending sanction by writing a letter to the BCCI members requesting them to refrain from any decision till the matter was sub-judice.

"Not a single member in the meeting supported Modi and the House took a unanimous decision to impose a life ban," a top BCCI official said.

The BCCI disciplinary committee, comprising Arun Jaitley, and Jyotiraditya Scindia, submitted a 134-page report in July in which it had found Modi guilty on eight charges, including financial irregularities, indiscipline and "actions detrimental to the interest of the BCCI."

Wednesday's meeting could take place only after the Delhi high court vacated a lower court stay order and it turned out to be a brief since all the members had already been submitted the disciplinary committee report.

The hearing into the charges against Modi, who is currently based in London claiming a threat to his life in India, started in July 2010 and the disciplinary committee conducted several hearings over a period of two years, none of which were attended by Modi in person.

Modi was suspended under Rule 32(iv) of the Board's constitution on April 25, 2010, seconds after the IPL final held in Mumbai. The Board then slapped three show cause notices on him. He replied to all of them.

Modi's decline started after the 2010 IPL bidding which saw the creation of two new teams -- Pune and Kochi. Modi revealed the ownership details of the Kochi franchise on twitter leading to the resignation of the then Minister of State for foreign affairs Shashi Tharoor.

Modi's act allegedly breached the confidentiality agreements between the Board and the IPL franchises.

Modi was suspended as chairman and commissioner of the IPL in April 2010. A suspension notice and a 34-page letter stating 22 charges of impropriety were served via email to Modi.

He claimed innocence all through, defending himself mostly on twitter and television channels but never appeared in person to face the BCCI committee.

Initially, the three-member disciplinary committee also included BCCI President N Srinivasan but he recused himself and erstwhile IPL chairman Chirayu Amin was made a member.

However, Amin also recused himself and it became a two-member committee.

Friday, 20 September 2013

N.Srinivasan wants to be BCCI chief again

http://media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2013september/srini_090113090845_091913045623.jpgEmbattled but defiant nonetheless, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President N Srinivasan on Thursday declared that he will contest for the top post in the upcoming Board elections in Chennai on September 29.

"I am going to stand (for re-election as president). You are press, all of you are giving the numbers (in support and against me)," said Srinivasan after attending BCCI's marketing committee meeting here.

Srinivasan is bidding to get re-elected as the president of the BCCI for the third year running under the Board's two plus one year tenure rule after having completed two years at the helm.

Srinivasan has been under a lot of pressure since the spot-fixing scandal broke out and his son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan's name cropped up in investigations into betting during the Indian Premier League's sixth season held in April-May.

The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association's president stepped aside in June as the BCCI chief and let former president Jagmohan Dalmiya take over the day-to-day work.

However, he chaired the meeting of the disciplinary committee held in Delhi earlier this month that imposed life bans on cricketers S Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan following a probe by BCCI's Anti-Corruption and Sceurity Unit chief Ravi Sawani for indulging in spot-fixing in IPL6.

Srinivasan also said the report of south units holding a meeting in southern region Chennai recently was not correct as the media got the venue wrong.

Two units of south zone, Goa and Andhra CA, did not attend the meeting, according to the reports.

"First of all the information is wrong. The meeting did not take place (at the venue) where media is saying," said the BCCI chief.

"I don't know what bearing it has (on the upcoming elections)," he added.

Sunday, 15 September 2013

Latest ICC Test Rankings

Latest ICC Test Rankings

BCCI to oppose two new balls ODI rule

CHENNAI: The BCCI is set to push for some rule changes in the forthcoming chief executives committee (CEC) meeting of the International Cricket Council (ICC) next week.

On the sidelines of the Asian Cricket Council meeting here on Saturday, it was decided that the sub-continental boards will ask to abolish the two-new-balls rule for One-dayers. As per present playing conditions, two new balls are used from two ends and that is creating major problems for the spinners.

"The teams are spin dependent and when two-new-balls are used, the potency of the spin attack comes down significantly. So it has been decided to oppose the two new ball rule," a BCCI source said.

The umpires' decision to take the players off due to bad light without consulting the batting or bowling teams was criticized during the Ashes and there might be a proposal to change that as well.

"There are options of offering the light to the batting team and there's a possibility that we could revert to that. Other options of extending play at the end of the day with the help of floodlights by an extra hour will also be discussed," the source added.

The cut-off date for the four teams qualifying for the World Test Championship is Dec 31, 2016. There will be some Test series that will be going on during that time and the BCCI will propose to the ICC that the points should be calculated only at the end of those series.

"But no Test series after 2016 will be taken into consideration," the source added. There was no discussion about the rumoured India-Pak-Lanka tri-series in December in India instead of India going to South Africa.

Though there are no legal hurdles for BCCI to break the FTP because they haven't signed it yet, it's understood that the board is ready to go ahead with the proposed curtailed series in SA. It was also decided that the Asia Cup will be played in Bangladesh from Feb 24-March 7.